Extremely lagging and slow when typing captions

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that is 1hr 52min long, when I type in the program monitor for captions, it is lagging to the point where I can type a sentence and it will take about a minute AFTER I type and watch one letter slowly appear at a time. This hasn't happened to my other project which I started last week. Is there a reason for this? It;s been going on for months now.

I have 16gb of ram, and am updated to the lastest version of PR2021. 

TOPICS
Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is painful.

There are other reports of lagging etc, but no pattern that I can see.

And other users seem unaffected.

Any difference in the two projects other than the one being newer?

I assume you are doing a "save a copy" or similar for backups. If the newer project is okay and later goes bad, make a note at that point and check earlier backups to see if the problem is/is not present. Then file a bug report and provide the before and after project files.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newer project just started slowing down for typing on captions, as soon as it hit the 300s (captions) mark it started slowing down. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abbsteroni,

Is this one single 2 hour clip or many clips that created your transcript? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's one clip. I do have text layers but besides that it's only the captions. There are over 2,000 captions...maybe PR can't handle that many captions yet, hopefully it will be fixed in the next update. I  sent the file over to a editor friend of mine who also said it was lagging on his computer as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines