Highlighted

Extremely slow Performance of MXF OP1a Files in Premiere Productions

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're suffering under the bad performance of following file-types:

MXF File details:
Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)
File generated by: Sony, Mem (2.00)
AVC Unconstrained
Bitstream Format: Sony
Gamma: S-Gamut3/S-Log3

When we share them across multiple projects inside a production, we have to wait severeal minutes for Premiere to handle even a small amount of files. Any advice?

THX

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Extremely slow Performance of MXF OP1a Files in Premiere Productions

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're suffering under the bad performance of following file-types:

MXF File details:
Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)
File generated by: Sony, Mem (2.00)
AVC Unconstrained
Bitstream Format: Sony
Gamma: S-Gamut3/S-Log3

When we share them across multiple projects inside a production, we have to wait severeal minutes for Premiere to handle even a small amount of files. Any advice?

THX

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and what are pixel dimensions of the mxf files?

Have you tried a proxy workflow?  Not the easiest thing to wrap your head around, but works great once you do.  If I remember correctly, some sony cameras shoot with 8 channels of audio which can be a serious impediment to generating proxies.  I was never able to make it work so I've always transcoded to prores with 2 channels of audio and then generated proxies from there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thank u very much!

Windows 10 Pro

Premiere 14.3

128 GB

Nvidia Titan Pascal

Pixel Dimensions: 3840x2160, 50 fps

8 Channels of Audio, that's correct...

I am working with proxies but not with transcoded files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could never create proxies that would stay linked with source files with 8 channels of audio.  wonder if that's the source of the problem...   Wondering if you can reimport one clip and select it in the bin and control click and choose modify and reduce the audio to 2 mono clips (assuming that's all the important audio) and see if that makes a difference.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1