Highlighted

Facebook Quality Degredation

Enthusiast ,
Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I’m using CC 2018. I’ve been exporting to Facebook for a while using Pr’s Facebook export preference. But over the last few months my videos play-back on FB terribly pixelated on both mobiles and desktops, regardless of export settings used. I’ve tried playing with the max mb/s, but no dice.

Has anyone else faced this and what did you do to improve the quality?

Regsrds,

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Facebook Quality Degredation

Enthusiast ,
Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I’m using CC 2018. I’ve been exporting to Facebook for a while using Pr’s Facebook export preference. But over the last few months my videos play-back on FB terribly pixelated on both mobiles and desktops, regardless of export settings used. I’ve tried playing with the max mb/s, but no dice.

Has anyone else faced this and what did you do to improve the quality?

Regsrds,

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your video looks fine on the computer its a FB issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, Ann. Yes, it’s definitely during the Facebook compression process. I’m just trying to identify if there‘s any settings I can apply so the FB compression doesn’t degrade the original quality so badly. I can see a lot of other videos on FB look just fine, so there must be something that they are doing to beat any compression issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're exporting no higher than 720p - because that's what Facebook expects. Anything higher-resolution will just get squished down to 720p at transcode time. I've experienced this on occasion, too - all you can do is do a good encoding job before you send it, and the rest is in their hands!

They downshift based on traffic and network quality.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've been using Pr's 1080p HD FB pre-set, as I believe FB now accepts 1080p HD uploads of up to 1.75GB/ 45mins length (or are you saying I can upload to that format, but FB will still squish it to 720?} I have checked all my settings are set to HD as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi glaustin,

Are you still having trouble with this issue? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and looking for specific export “procedures” and settings. I have tried several suggestions, but FB is still destroying the IQ during its compression. I know it’s an FB issue, but I have seen many rescent videos that look great - so there is a solution out there somewhere!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having issues if I upload to Facebook from my desktop. I have had better results using PPrCC2019. I have also found better(ish) results uploading an export to my iPhone first and then import into Facebook from there to compress. Having said that, Facebook's compression process still doesn't give faultless results, unlike Instagram or Twitter, which give a much better definition.

It would be good if Adobe could take this up with Facebook direct. There are obvious compression algorithm problems in Facebook when it compresses exports from PPr's/ Media Encoder's render engine, which make some of our client promos look amateurish. If you find any solutions out there, please let us know in this thread..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this issue in Premiere Pro 2020, exported 4K UHD H.264 .MP4, It's displayed as 4K on Youtube but only 720p on Facebook.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that people have determined that facebook quality is artifically reduced for certains groups similar to how youtube uses h.264 vs VP9. They run by ads so high traffic videos get better encodes. That's all we have at the moment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least for my current situation,
I upload videos weekly and I always export with the same encoding settings.

However some videos are restricted in 720p and some could be displayed in 2160p on Facebook.

I can't seem to find the pattern yet...

Same encoding for all the videos, H.264 Main Setting, 10Mbps, UHD. 

When I encountered degrading issues everytime,  I uploaded another 4K video that's already displayed fine in 2160p on Facebook (exported with the same encoding setting) to confirm that it's not my current working project's problem and also not a Facebook server side restriction in my region or account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines