• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fail to import Arri Alexa Mini LF's prores4444 .mxf files into PC's Premiere pro (Win 7)

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I have been using Arri Alexa Mini for 3 years and have no difficulties in importing mxf & arriraw files into premiere pro (PC, Win 7, pretty decent spec). Yesterday, I have bought the latest Mini LF. I did some test shot in prores4444 .mxf, but premiere pro fails to import the files.

Any solution? Thank you!

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Yea, it's necessary to upgrade that OS. We've been on Win10 for some time on most machines. Even a few of our smaller laptops that were supposedly not suited for upgrading to Win10 run faster on 10 than they ever did on 7. So ... there's a couple things that have been a pain, but what the hay, it's an OS ... that seems to be what they do at times.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Hi All,

In the latest Premiere Pro 15.0_beta build we have enabled the support of files from ARRI Alexa Mini LF camera. The support enables - ALEXA Mini LF MXF/ARRIRAW, ALEXA Mini LF MXF/Apple ProRes files. Please try these files in the latest Premiere Pro beta build and share your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Premiere?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Version CC 2018 (12.1.12), the latest version for win7.

I understand that adobe has ceased to update Premiere Pro for Windows 7, but I am only curious why the Alexa Mini's footage can be imported but not the Mini LF's, consider they both use the codec and container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't know, maybe there are some internal format/codec changes or something that are too new for 2018 to utilize. Many of the high-end rigs like this do have specialized meta file-sets involved.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... there is no way to import the files into premiere pro on a win7 machine? : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even have a Win7 machine to test on. I can check next week after US Thanksgiving break.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright. Thank you Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dcinematic,

I just got a response from Trent Happel, on the engineering staff ...

"We believe this should now be supported in Premiere Pro 14.0 (2020). If the files still do not import for the user, try removing the Preferences and Media Cache (don't delete, just move them to another location like Desktop). If the files still do not import after that, have them send us some sample files along with their Prefs and Media Cache folders to help with investigation."

I hope this helps and it not, post back!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

So its hopeless for Windows 7 users, unless I upgrade the system to Win10 to get Premiere Pro upgrade from 12.1 to 14.0 (2020)...

Anyway, thank you Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, it's necessary to upgrade that OS. We've been on Win10 for some time on most machines. Even a few of our smaller laptops that were supposedly not suited for upgrading to Win10 run faster on 10 than they ever did on 7. So ... there's a couple things that have been a pain, but what the hay, it's an OS ... that seems to be what they do at times.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue but with Windows 10 Pro & Premiere Pro Version 13.1.5 . Any luck finding the issue or a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I using premiere 13.1.2, win 10pro, mxf file arri mini lf can not support ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll assume you saw the message from the Adobe Engineer:

"We believe this should now be supported in Premiere Pro 14.0 (2020).

So, that's more recent than your 2019 version 13.1.2 (same for the older message from Clark's 13.1.5)

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello MyerPj, 

i upgraded to 14.0.3, it's dont supported 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

In the latest Premiere Pro 15.0_beta build we have enabled the support of files from ARRI Alexa Mini LF camera. The support enables - ALEXA Mini LF MXF/ARRIRAW, ALEXA Mini LF MXF/Apple ProRes files. Please try these files in the latest Premiere Pro beta build and share your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neha

I have a new issue. I had a project with Alexa Mini and was able to import them with all integrated support (MXF/ARRIRAW development Setting came across fine). Now I upgraded to 15.0 and, suddenly, problems started.

It was basically three:

1) Premiere doesn't remember, or take considerations, of Arriraw input/output setting. Therefore instead of 2.35 anamorphic sizing, the whole native frame shows up IN THE dimension of this 2.35 sizing, so it appears blown-up vertically

2) Trying to start from scratch and import MXF by drag and drop, or from media browser, but i get import error and can't im

3) some media which went to media offline, i cannot reconnect due to 2)

Can you check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines