Exit

Faint white border appearing on the left of clips

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015

I'm currently working with 2 clips in a single frame

Both of these clips have been scaled down to fit together on the same frame. They both also have the crop effect applied to them and then the Ultra Key effect to remove the green screen in the background. The green screens vanish completely

For some reason on both these clips there is a faint white border on the left side only. The border appears where the boundary of the clip would be. There are no other borders on the other 3 sides of the rectangular clips

I did try to also crop the left side of the clips to try remove the border but it won't disappear

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi, I just searched for this problem as I faced it too and saw your question. When I changed the mask feather option to 0, (default was 10), that seemed to take care of this problem. I am using Adobe 2020. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if the line your noticing isn't a full pixel wide, this is probably because your scale factor resulted in a non round number of pixels for your footage (for exemple a 1920 pixel width footage at 33% scale results in a 633,6 pixel width).

I would suggest to just scale it back up a little bit, so the line disapears.

Hope this hlps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even at 100% scaling the border shows on the right

I just played around with the settings in the Ultra Key effect and was able to remove it. Under Matte Generation if I reduce the Transparency it removes the border but it removes too much of the image also. I found changing the items under Matte Cleanup removes the white border. Choke, Soften, Contrast and Mid Point all work well.

Anyone know why this would happen? Considering I have the crop effect applied I'm not sure why that part of the clip is even affected by anything considering it's cropped out. And it's only on the left side

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. If there is anybody out there that has an idea, please responed to this. Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just searched for this problem as I faced it too and saw your question. When I changed the mask feather option to 0, (default was 10), that seemed to take care of this problem. I am using Adobe 2020. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a white border around my whole video (I had it rotating within the frame) but setting the feather to 3 removed it perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just searched for this problem as I faced it too and saw your question. When I changed the mask feather option to 0, (default was 10), that seemed to take care of this problem. I am using Adobe Premiere Pro 2020. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi guys! 

I hope you're doing well. It's been a long time since you've launched this discussion, and the problem hasn't been solved yet. I had to deal with it for a few days now. But I managed to find a solution. It happened to me when using a mask, the left top hand corner was white half the frames of the clip I was editing. By copying the mask it erased the border. I could have reduced the thickness of the mask, but in this case it would have made the transition look cheap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines