Faltering playback and editing

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the editing process of my feature film, which has 118 scenes plus B-Roll, and each scene containing 4-20 clips.

I'm editing on a tower PC with a 4K Monitor, both able to handle the project.

I created the right sequence, not pulling the footage in the timeline, but creating a sequence that has the right settings according to my shot footage.

The clips have an aspect ratio of 3840 to 2160 with 50 fps. I then created proxies for all the footage, which got stopped just before it was finished with an unknown error popup. I had a look at if all the proxies are created and attached to each clip and that is the case. The clips have proxies attached.

I started editing and I am now around minute 5 in the timeline and the timeline, as well as the source/ preview window, where I decide which clip to use, are faltering. The sound continues, but the video freezes. 

The proxies are activated in both, the preview window as well as the program/ playback window through toggle proxies. 

The playback is on 1/4 in both windows.

If I render everything it runs smoothly until I insert one or two clips.

I don't know what I could have forgotten or overseen. 

Thank you for your help in advance!

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?