• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing video frame width and height...

Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5 I cannot seem to produce (output) a video larger than frame width: 720 and frame height: 480. The video is recorded in full HD 1920 x 1080p but after editing and adding effects in Premiere Pro CS5, the video changes to only 720 x 480.

1) Where are the settings in Premiere Pro changed to produce a video size of frame width: 1280 and frame height: 720 or even frame width: 1920 and height: 1080?

2) Is it possible to produce a video at 1920 x 1080 or is 720 x 480 the max?

Your time is appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you go to open a new sequence you can pick what ever frame size you want. Just go to new sequence

and make the choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File > New > Sequence, and then:

1. Choose a preset that matches or at least is similar to your footage, or,
  2. Click on the General tab, change Editing Mode to "Desktop," and set the parameters as you need for your footage

Alternatively, drag a footage item to the New Item button at the bottom of the Project Panel (looks like the dog-earred sheet of paper) and a sequence will be created matching your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a picture of using the New Item process

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/872666?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Pro CS 5 does not have "Sequence in Timeline" anywhere; neither when I click File > New or when I right click on the clip.  However when I drag the clip onto New Item (as shown in video), it creates a sequence with the same settings (1920 x 1080).  Since both the clip and the sequence have the exact same settings, I would think when I go to Export > Media and create the final video that it would create the video in 1920 x 1080, however it keeps outputing it at 720 x 480 (even has it listed in the summary) before clicking 'Export.'?

Any other ideas of where my issue could be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Pro CS 5 does not have "Sequence in Timeline" anywhere; neither when I click File > New or when I right click on the clip. However when I drag the clip onto New Item (as shown in video), it creates a sequence with the same settings (1920 x 1080). Since both the clip and the sequence have the exact same settings, I would think when I go to Export > Media and create the final video that it would create the video in 1920 x 1080, however it keeps outputing it at 720 x 480 (even has it listed in the summary) before clicking 'Export.'?

Any other ideas of where my issue could be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to specify your export settings in Media Encoder.

Adobe Media Encoder CS5 & CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you directing your output to DVD or BluRay or ???

If you are selecting a DVD output option, you are limited to the DVD specification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

For now I will be using the videos for youtube promos and viewing on desktops but if I were, I would more likely output to DVD.  From what I understand it doesnt matter if I output 720 x 480 or 1920 x 1080 if it's going on youtube, however I would like the best quality video possible given that these videos wont be very long. (Elaborate on this if you can clear some stuff up for me).

Also, I may have mislead readers with my thread title "Changing video frame width and height."  I guess a more accurate title would be "How to Change frame width and height of Video Output."  Don't get me wrong 720 x 480 looks great on my desktop, but I would also like to output one at 1280 x 720?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only output my AVCHD to DVD so can't directly comment on how you get HD output... but as far as I know, you will select something OTHER than BluRay to go to Youtube (which I also do not do) 

CS5 User Guides - online and PDF (see link in upper right corner at individual pages)
http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2010/08/help-documents-for-creative-suite-5-pdf-and-html....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Youtube use one of the presets under H264 in the export settings.

They work just fine. You only have to adjust the framerate to make it the same as the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You helped me so much, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey community!

We've visualized this process in the following tutorial – this video will show you how to change width and height of your video in under a minute!

Hope this helps! 

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines