• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How to solve crash while using Export Settings in Premiere Pro v. 14.2?

Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: This issue has been fixed in Premiere Pro v14.3. Please download the latest update from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. 

We are investigating an issue where Premiere Pro v14.2 might crash or get in a non-responsive state while using the Export Settings window. This issue has been observed on systems using NVIDIA GPU not supporting NVENC. If you are using such GPUs and experiencing a crash or freeze while using the H.264/H.265 format, please follow these steps to fix it.

Navigate to Premiere Pro Preferences > Media and uncheck Enable hardware accelerated encoding and decoding. Restart Premiere Pro and try to export.

Disable hardware accelerated decoding/encodingDisable hardware accelerated decoding/encoding

Hope it helps. If you are experiencing a crash while exporting with any other format/codec, please create a new community discussion and we will get that issue checked. 

Thanks, 

Sumeet

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Hi,

For those of you experiencing the issue brought up in this FAQ, take note! Please create a new post for your version of Premiere Pro. This post is already almost 2 years old!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just one of many problems 14.2 has. Prerendering audio files, importing, just plain shutting down can cause crashes, go completely unresponsive for many many minutes and in general just fail. Whatever was done about GPU should have been thoroughly tested before releasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, still crashing on my machine (14.3). Idk but Premiere is getting worse for each update, no slight improvement in performance but only getting slow and unstable. 

i7 8750H, 32GB RAM, GTX 1070, SSD NVME 500GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Definitely not fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds about right. I've never had issues until the past 2 months and I have a very beefy iMac Pro and almost nothing phases it...until now. Every time I call in they quickly tell me to try one thing, get off the phone, and close my case out every single time. I have to call back and reopen it and they are always having me do the opposite of what the person before me said was the issue so they're just cancelling each other out continuously and they've never responded to my post on here and the one that matches my issues the most with audio dropping off and everything continuously freezing is locked and they don't allow you to comment on it anymore lol! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, but the worst thing is unstable history record so you can't always UNDO your last step because isn't recorded in history. Also, when editing parameter it's always 'auto-deselect object', so when I edited a parameter, I have to reselect the object to edit other parameter. It makes my workflow more frustating.

Another issue that I found is when using Nested Sequence, I can't move the pointer unless doing Ctrl+S first. (the pointer is blinking, more kinda like glitching)

I have already done everything from driver update, clean uninstall & reset preference & reinstall ALL CC app. But the issue still there, it only fixed by resetting preference but happened again in 15 minutes. Who wants to reopen project and reset preference every 15 minutes?

I think my old CC 2017 is more stable in workflow. But why do I have to subscribe and getting every I update if I should go back to old version at the end? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I've never had a problem until this last update. Every time I try to export it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't usually complain about software... but i've never seen my mac (Mac OS X) crashing so many times before. It crashed more times in one week than ever before... it just happens with Premiere Pro... not even with blender or other software. I would love to see Adobe sending a note for theis paying customers that tey will fix the software. If you buy a car or other product and it has serious problems they apologize and fix the problem. It's the law in many countries. For the first time i'm not happy with Adobe. For the first time i'm looking for other alternatives, Final Cut or Davinci Resolve... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iThinky,

I looked at another of your posts. Is your system still: iMac late 2012 - 2.7Ghz i5

If so, you are not meeting system requirements for CPU. Not sure what the rest of your system is reading, but you should compare them with system requirements for Premiere Pro. I have a slightly newer Mac. It barely functions. Time for an upgrade, in my opinion.

Regards and thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin.

My crashing issue was happening with a MacBook Pro late 2012. Now i'm workin with a 27inch iMac and it's a running horse... if anything happens i'll let you know.

I just tried exporting to check the macBook Pro with Premiere 14.3.1 and it didn't crash now...

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not very odd at all. It happens to everyone. Fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is fixed, the issue is still there. It definitely has something to do with rendering sound. The moment I uncheck audio export, the video will render without issues. The crash is shutting down the PP application in some cases, the whole machine in others. This is unaccceptable. @Adobe, get this fixed ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd, but kindly give us more info please, Senolito. Most people are working without this error. You can also work with our support agents via text or phone.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, there were at least 4.5K people looking at the issue as per your counts. This isn't an isolated issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and 55K people as of Jan 2023.... Looks like this error is getting stronger by the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 14.3.1 and this issue appeared. Crashing while exporting making the mac reboot.

MBP 13" 2015 i5@2,7ghz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't fix my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, since Adobe isn't even able to identify the problem, here is a little workaround: render your movie video only first, and audio only second. And than put those two single files together in a new sequence. The issue seems to appear after a certain amount of time and is caused by the audio track i assume. Since the single audio file renders pretty fast, it has worked for me so far. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Senolito, my audio and video finally all render fine in the timeline (it took a while, several attempts and heaps of changes) so now it's all rendered... but the export is still crashing at around the 20% mark.

I've been at it all day long it's absolutely doing my head in now. I need to get this video out, it's literally a 2 minute trailer and I've been at it the whole day and still haven't had any success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have latest version PP2020 on all my computers, and every time i upload (30 min 4k) footage it crashes at the end   leaving me to wonder if it uploaded. And strangely its uploading duplicate videos everytime to youtube. Im using a razer blade pro 17 (6 core 2080 super) a razer blade studio 2020 (8 core  quadro 5000) and a threadripper desktop 32 core 128gb ramm TITAN RTX gpu) all same as far as not responding and duplicate uploads. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a pretty serious build Richie. So your videos are exporting fine? It's the upload process to youtube that's the issue?

I still have massive issues exporting... let alone uploading. Especially if I use linked comps with After Effects, almost every time it's a guaranteed fail on export. 

Adobe really need to start taking these product issues seriously, I sent a crash report every single time I tried to export and it failed and not even one reply from the development team about anything!! Extremely disappointing, clearly they are happy with taking our money (and a substantial amount of it) and ignoring customer issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this seems to be a YouTube/Internet issue? Not sure how this relates to the thread... hope you figured it out... best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only internet (uploading) related issue here is one post, my post and all others are related directly to Premiere Pro exports. 

As mentioned in my comments, using linked comps in Premiere Pro to After Effects is almost guaranteed to fail on export - this needs to be investigated and resolved.

I've sent more crash reports from Premiere than I can recall yet not had one support person reach out to contact me with any form of feedback at all. Terrible support/customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, only half-hearted solving attempts without any real investigation... Adobe is more and more disappointing. I opened a new thread since the problem is still going on. I hope I get proper help this time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I'd add my info to the mix as I'm currently experiencing this issue and I have the latest version. I always know when an update is ready as things stop working as they should, lightroom, photoshop and PP all the same. However the update usually fixes those 'issues', not this time! this may speed up my transition to Davinci!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines