• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: FAQ: How to solve issues related to undocked panels in Premiere Pro v14.5?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to handle this.  THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING IN AFTER EFFECTS!

This morning I opened an AE project that I have been working on for almost a year.  I got a message that it was "verifying" AE2020 then after about five minutes a new splash screen appears with another messgae saying that this projoect was created on a previous version and would I like to upgrade it.  HELL NO!  But if you don't upgrade, it won't open.  If you upgrade the project it appears to open (sigh of relief), but then another message pops up stating that it has some sort of internal error and won't do anything.  

I don't want a work around, I did not want to upgrade, I wasn't informed that it was upgrading unless "veryfying" is a new code word for upgrading, I'm in the middle of a project and WTF am I suppossed to do now!?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has absolutely nothing to do with the issues posted here - upgrading to a major new version of After Effects has ALWAYS required a project file created in an old version to be upgraded.

If you're editing an old version project and for some reason it won't upgrade the file, simply install an older version of AE (alongside the new version) and edit in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has everything to do with it.  None of these issues were a problem last week.  I'm aware that IF YOU upgrade you need to upgrade the project files.  I didn't upgrade, yet every Adobe application I have was upgraded and every applications has issues.  

As was mentioned previosly, start up in the standard workspace and then switch to a custom workspace and everything appears to work properly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What he means is this thread is specifically about the floating panels issue. You should take these issues into a new thread if there isn't one already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines