• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How to solve issues related to undocked panels in Premiere Pro v14.5?

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: This issue is being addressed in our Beta releases and will be available in a future stable release. You may download the Beta build from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Please refer to this link to know more about Beta apps.

We are investigating an issue with Premiere Pro v14.5 wherein undocking panels or splitting workspace across multiple monitors might cause a few features to not work.
These are:

• Keyboard shortcuts not working.
  • Drag & Drop functionality not working for the clips on the timeline.
  • In a few cases moving media clips to a different track on the timeline causes the media/asset to get duplicated in the project bin.

Workaround to fix these issues is to dock the panels or use any of the default Workspaces under the menu Window > Workspaces. If you have modified any of the default workspace, you may reset it under Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout.
Hope it helps.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Ditto exactly!

My setup has 2 monitors to work within and a third to monitor at full resolution. 'Delete/Clear' buttons not working, dragging anything in the Project panel not working. All fixed by switching to an Adobe preset workspace and then switching back to my custom workspace.

MacbookPro 16" 2019, 2.3GHz, 8 core i9, 64GB RAM, AMD 5500M 8GB, OSX 10.15.7 operating in closed clamshell mode with monitors attached via OWC Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock and OWC Thunderbolt 3 Standard Dock

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, Sumeet. Yes, I've seen that even moving clips in the Timeline can be affected. Hoping we can fix this ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed I can no longer use ctrl+backslash on my 2nd monitor to remove the title bar and maximize the floating windows there to the full screen size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Nobody wanted to help me. Adobe doesn't see a problem and on other keyboard layouts the ctrl + backslash doesn't even work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm see this problem today.

Keyboard shortcuts have stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to report a false alarm regarding my previous post (btw, is there a way for me to edit or delete my posts?).  The problem was being caused because I had no video source patching turned on. Once I turned it on the keyboard shortcuts work once more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup Im experiencing this as well. My workaround is to click another workspace tab like "color" or "Graphics" then click back on your editing tab or whatever custom workspace tab you've created. Hope you guys fix this soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto exactly!

My setup has 2 monitors to work within and a third to monitor at full resolution. 'Delete/Clear' buttons not working, dragging anything in the Project panel not working. All fixed by switching to an Adobe preset workspace and then switching back to my custom workspace.

MacbookPro 16" 2019, 2.3GHz, 8 core i9, 64GB RAM, AMD 5500M 8GB, OSX 10.15.7 operating in closed clamshell mode with monitors attached via OWC Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock and OWC Thunderbolt 3 Standard Dock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dominic Witherow You legend! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Dominic.

I have the same Issue Dragging is not working, with Premiere, After Effects, and Audition.

I have done everything such as Uninstalling Creative Cloud, Resetting Programs, and Still, I can not drag and Drop Into Premiere, and After Effects, and Audition. I can easily Import files but not Drag and Drop.

I also have Two monitors. It Is much easier working with Two Monitors than One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unbelievable! So simple... but you have to find it out first and you did it!! Thanks, you made my day!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! You saved my life! Got this perfect solution after hours of searching

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing this as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sumeet, any idea on a timeframe for a fix?  It's quite frustrating when opening and closing multiple projects every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand your concern. Currently, we don't have an ETA on this. We are investigating the issue and will try our best to get this addressed as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

-Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this has been driving me absolutely crazy for the past 15 hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at least it's nice to know I wasn't the only one having these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add a little more information, not sure its related.  I am working on an iMAC across two monitors.  Everything has been working really well for the past month.  I believe it may have upgraded which I didn't want but I don't really know, I noticed there's a new spash screen on bootup.

I started having issues opening projects.  If I double clicked on a project file the splash screen would come up and then hang or crash.  If I opened PPro by double clicking the PPro icon it would get past the splash screen but would hang after I chose any already existing project.  If I opened by double clicking on the PPro icon, then started a new project I could go into recents and open any already exosting project and it seemed to open.

However, I started having the same problem as everyone else here that I couldn't drag and drop anything, not from the media browser to a project window or the timeline.  I could right click and import to the project window but not to the timeline.  Also I noticed that if I clicked on any asset there was no information in the info tab.  I thought I had apermissions issue but I tried a couple of work arounds mentioned in this thread and things seemed to work again but its quite intermittent.  Help, I'm in the middle of a project and this is preventing me from getting it done.  Kind of nerve racking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, the workaround... works 😄
Switching to a default layout, than switching back to my saved layout also works until next start.

Thank you!

Iván

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching to a default layout also worked for me. Like others noted, this was also driving me nuts the past day or so. 

Thank you.

-- Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A pretty major issue for me - if you're running on multiple monitors and not using a single app screen stretched across the screens, you will have pretty big issues. I've also seen a weird related effect of this in that Premiere doesn't like an undocked window even on the same main screen - e.g. I drag my undocked window to the main monitor and try dragging video files from the project window into a bin - the result is that the files 'fall through' the undocked panel and land on whatever is in the main window beneath - in my case it was the source panel that was behind, so the files load into the source monitor instead of being moved into the bin.

Seems that undocked panels are being seen as transparent to Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for noticing.

We've also had a problem readjusting the size of the external panel (it's now taking up half of the monitor) and the delete key on our keyboard is not working to delete items in the project file manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say external panel, you mean an undocked panel?

have you changed your screen scaling at all? Worth checking as this will cause this behaviour with saved workspaces. 

you didn't say if you're on windows or Mac - my comment above is relevant to windows - not sure about Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm I have these problems as well as not being able to drag, move or delete any clips in my second monitor timeline panel. Will continue to get my work done through one screen but would love to see this fixed ASAP. Thanks for getting onto it Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines