• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: Optimising Premiere Pro settings for Mac and PC with Quick Sync CUDA ASIO and more

Guide ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video tutorial shows how to change settings in Premiere Pro to work 100% effecient with your computers hardware including Quick Sync, CUDA, Open CL and ASIO.

TOPICS
FAQ , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this excellent explanation, Andy!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is some really great info! Thank you! It clears up some questions for which I have been digging to find answers (unproductively).

One thing though:

Can you explain why ASIO4ALL is preferable to native audio drivers? I know why ASIO drivers are preferable to MME/WDM if they are dedicated to the hardware, but A4A is a software intermediary. I'm a sound engineer/producer/DJ and I have always found that ASIO4ALL, while useful to make things "play nice" together, introduces significant processing overhead and latency issues (not to mention the fact that it hasn't been updated in years). I haven't needed to use it in a while, so I don't have any numbers for comparison, but theoretically this should increase the system load since you're talking about...

Host Application 🠞 A4A 🠞 WDM/MME 🠞 Hardware

...instead of ...

Host Application 🠞 WDM/MME 🠞 Hardware

...right?

I could easily be wrong (again I don't have any benchmarks to back this up) but I can't imagine adding something to the signal chain would reduce overhead. I'll do some comparisons and report back, but it sounds a little odd to me (again, not saying you're wrong by any means).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASIO4ALL can sometimes allow a piece of hardware to do more than it was designed to do and play better with other audio devices. It may or may not be your best bet.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth: I've had very good results using Metal on a Mac Mini running macOS (not Windows) if it has a supported integrated graphics card.  If it's an older Mini without supported integrated graphics, Metal will not be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, woumd you help me with this? Why my sony A7iii 4k fotage runs smooth, but my gopro on 4k or Mavic 2 pro runs really choppy?
Im talking without the need of rendering.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mikey,

Your GoPro and Mavic footage is more highly compressed. I would recommend that you ingest such footage to be transcoded to ProRes.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure what codec the GoPro uses. It may use H.264 but not all H.264 files are the same. That being said I do have an A7 III and Intel's Quick Sync can help for playback and rendering but your GPU might be a better option for rendering.

https://youtu.be/pE6t1ryanO4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines