We will leave this FAQ unlocked for now so that the community can weigh in if these steps helped them reconnect media properly, especially when moving a project to a new system and experiencing this confusing anomaly.
Let us know if we need to add any more info to make these steps more clear.
Copy link to clipboard
Copy link to clipboard
Hello, I am having the same issue. I upgraded to Premiere 14 but I need to open a file that I built in Premiere CC 2017. Even after relinking all media I am getting diagonal lines in some of the clips. I have emptied my cache, restarted by computer and tried to import the old project into a new project. Eact time it needs to locate the media, it seems to find it, but certain clips still have these lines -- even though the status says online and they are in the same bin as all the other clips. Is there anything else I am not thinking of?
Still not working 😞 this is so frustrating, why upgrade then if you can not edit your previous projects... why you dont fix this in the next update? is there other option to fix it? I have the latest premiere file and I can not load those clips even with all these suggestions
As I understand it, you have the "danger stripes" problem. What kind of camera were you using? Did you import via Media Browser? If you need to import via Media Browser and did not, then the metadata needed is not present when you moved that media. Do you think that's what happened?
The clips are only from the sony alpha 7Riii camera... there are some clips of the same camera that does have the problem and some that doesn´t. Thank you for replying
exact same camera, exact same situation
Here's how I fixed it:
Right-click on faulty media in sequence - Reveal in Project - Highlight the respective material in the project bin - right click to make the material offline - relink the material in the project bin to the correct source and viola, sequence looks yummy again.
Didn't I just write that? Ah, OK. I see I missed the steps on how to get from the clip in the Timeline to the corresponding clip in the Project panel. I'll tap on that step a little. Thank you!
Looks like I also missed out on on using a French expression and the word "yummy" too. 🙂
I've run into this problem a few times and usually making the media offline and relinking it would work, but this time it hasn't. I was working on a desktop with a slightly older version of premiere (14.something) and I brought all medias and project into a laptop with premiere 14.9, there was no need to update the project or anything. But some clips show the diagonal lines and nothing has worked so far, importing to another project, relinking from bin, downgrading my program, I didn't get the "slipping solution, but either way the in and out markers seem to be out of place on the source monitor.
I'm lost here and the clips have so much effects and changes applied to them that I wouldn't know how to just re do it.
They are from a Sony A7sII and now I'm working on a macbook pro 13' with the new apple chip
Did you ever solve this one, Plano?
Thanks for attending to this so frequently! I'm having the same issue as Plano—nope it didn't resolve the issue.
Here's a few more details:
1) When I right-click to "reveal in finder" Premier's able to execute the task. So, it would seem that Premier does still "know" where the file is.
2) The clip plays in the sequence, but it's not the in and out points I'd selected.
3) I haven't moved this project or its media around. What I've found—and can't make sense of—is the longer I go without opening a project the more problems Premier has with it. It doesn't matter if there's been a software update between the last opening or not. It's as if Premier forgets and has to be reminded...it happens 99% of the time if it's been past a few weeks since the project was last open, possibly 100% of the time.
Ich habe gestern ein Projekt geschnitten, es waren bereits aus unerklärlichen Gründen teilweise schraffierte Clips dabei. Ich habe diese Clips gekürzt, bis sie passten und damit 10 Stunden gearbeitet. Nachdem ich das projekt heute erneut geöffnet habe, ist alles durcheinander. Der entstandene Schaden beziffert sich aktuell auf ca. 10.000 EUR - Ich muss mit dem Projekt komplett neu beginnen, da von Anfang an einem korrupten Projekt gearbeitet wurde. Das gesamte Problem ergibt überhaupt keinen Sinn. Ich bin absolut enttäuscht.