• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: Why is playback stuttering when I preview within Premiere Pro?

Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuttering or jerky playback is very often caused by the inability of your computer system and/or Premiere Pro to render and play frames as quickly as necessary for realtime playback.

Causes vary, including such factors as inadequate hard disk speed, inadequate CPU speed, and other software interfering with playback.

For information about optimizing your computer and Premiere Pro for performance, as well as finding performance bottlenecks, see this page:

"optimizing for performance: Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects"

Stuttering or jerky playback can also occur when a sequence's settings aren't correct for the kind of footage playing in it. See this page for more information:

"FAQ: How do I choose the right sequence settings?"

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

If you're looking at this post, I'm assuming you need help fixing your playback in Premiere's program monitor. We have some solutions listed here in this video!

Of course, if I covered every potential solution, the video would be much, much longer. If none of the tricks above fix your playback problem, look at other posts in the community with solutions for poor playback.

Here's one I found useful. 

And another!

If all else fails, reach out to us on chat support here or contact us on Twitte

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're looking at this post, I'm assuming you need help fixing your playback in Premiere's program monitor. We have some solutions listed here in this video!

Of course, if I covered every potential solution, the video would be much, much longer. If none of the tricks above fix your playback problem, look at other posts in the community with solutions for poor playback.

Here's one I found useful. 

And another!

If all else fails, reach out to us on chat support here or contact us on Twitter @AdobeCare 

We'll be happy to help!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines