I've been doing this in Premiere 2019 just cause I seem to remember people having issues with dv capture recently via firewire...
So I've been capturing a series of minidv tapes via firewire and need to export for client review with a timecode window reflecting source timecode. I create a sequence for each tape and add the timecode filter to all the clips. When I sent the first approximately 1 hr sequence to media encoder to output with the vimeo SD preset and started the queue it quickly went up to estimate the encode as 4 hrs and didn't seem to be coming down at all. I cancelled after about 15 minutes
I then tried exporting directly from Premiere and it didn't seem any better.
I then changed my sequence settings to match the vimeo sd preset (640x480) with preview format to prores(lt) and rendered it (which took about 1/2 an hour). The export from within Premiere is estimated at about 20 minutes and it's more than 1/2 done.
So just wondering if there should be any difference using AME or exporting directly from Premiere and whether there's something missing in this workflow that seems to be saving me a lot of export time.