fastest way to export

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been doing this in Premiere 2019 just cause I seem to remember people having issues with dv capture recently via firewire...  

So I've been capturing a series of minidv tapes via firewire and need to export for client review with a timecode window reflecting source timecode.  I create a sequence for each tape and add the timecode filter to all the clips.  When I sent the first approximately 1 hr sequence to media encoder to output with the vimeo SD preset and started the queue it quickly went up to estimate the encode as 4 hrs and didn't seem to be coming down at all.  I cancelled after about 15 minutes

I then tried exporting directly from Premiere and it didn't seem any better.  

I then changed my sequence settings to match the vimeo sd preset (640x480) with preview format to prores(lt) and rendered it (which took about 1/2 an hour).  The export from within Premiere is estimated at about 20 minutes and it's more than 1/2 done.

So just wondering if there should be any difference using AME or exporting directly from Premiere and whether there's something missing in this workflow that seems to be saving me a lot of export time.

Thanks as always...

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK there is no differnece in encoding directly from Pr or sending it out with the queue.

As it is for review why not I frame mpeg only as in match sequence settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more