• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FCP XML Import/Export issue: Audio Pan/Balance

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing some issues while exporting an FCP XML from PPro and importing it back into PPro without any modification to the xml. I had set the Balance on 2 of my tracks (A1, A2) to -50 and +50 respectively in my original sequence. These details were lost after import.

To test it further, added multiple Balance keyframes to the next 2 tracks (A3, A4), these details were also lost after import. Screenshots attached.

Before Export from PPro

01_Sequence in PPro.png

After import in PPro

02_Sequence after Import.png

Investigated the xml generated in the process. Strangely, it does have the details of the keyframes. I can only assume these details are not getting consumed while importing. Screenshot attached.

03_FCP XML.png

Facing similar problem with mapping of each track to mix channels as well.

From my reading, I realize roundtrip of FCP XML has some issues, expecially because the FCP XMEML spec was abandoned few years back by Apple.

Just wanted to check if these are accepted known issues or am I missing something really simple here.

TOPICS
Audio , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"..Mapping of each track to mix channels as well.."

This works well when you map a track to only one channel pair (1-2). But if I map the track to (1-2, 3-4) and export the FCP XML, after import, it reduces to (1-2) only.

I am using Multichannel Mix Tracks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines