Highlighted

Feature request: for the love of god...

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...stop putting pop-ups on the same screen as the full-screen preview, fatally hidden behind it with no way to get rid of it. It means we have to force quit the damn program and potentially lose work. This happens in Premiere and AE and it's beyond irritating.

I'm sure someone will chime in here with "trash your preferences". I know. I don't want to have to trash my prefs every time I change my main and secondary screen around. I do it all the time (don't ask me why, just assume I have a good reason, OK?).

Come on Adobe, there are posts going back YEARS about this problem. (2012 was the ealiest one I just saw, but I remember this from 2005 or earlier). How hard can it be to have those pop-ups appear on the same screen as ALL THE OTHER WINDOWS?

If nothing else, at least give us a key to disable Mercury Transmit that actually WORKS when there's a pop-up asking for input (a colour picker etc).

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Feature request: for the love of god...

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...stop putting pop-ups on the same screen as the full-screen preview, fatally hidden behind it with no way to get rid of it. It means we have to force quit the damn program and potentially lose work. This happens in Premiere and AE and it's beyond irritating.

I'm sure someone will chime in here with "trash your preferences". I know. I don't want to have to trash my prefs every time I change my main and secondary screen around. I do it all the time (don't ask me why, just assume I have a good reason, OK?).

Come on Adobe, there are posts going back YEARS about this problem. (2012 was the ealiest one I just saw, but I remember this from 2005 or earlier). How hard can it be to have those pop-ups appear on the same screen as ALL THE OTHER WINDOWS?

If nothing else, at least give us a key to disable Mercury Transmit that actually WORKS when there's a pop-up asking for input (a colour picker etc).

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try renaming the file that holds the dialog positions. DVADialogPrefs.xml - (Located below in Windows)

%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\DVADialogPrefs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1
MyerPj LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, congrats on your first post here on the forums, we've missed all the wisdom you could bring.

Also: "How hard can it be to..." simply press ESCape and the dialog closes, then you can use the shortcut toggle to disable mercury transmit, and then move you dialog to the correct screen? Oh, it's much less dramatic then 'force quit' and potentialy loosing work? Oh, did you not know about the ESCape key?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1