• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Solo Audio and Hide Video

Participant ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you want audio precision and you don't care about the video, or the video playback is not rendered. I just want to be able to solo audio and hide all video. Is this possible??

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get what you are saying. Here's an idea. First, decrease your video track height as much as possible. I use the keyboard shortcut "Command + -" (Control + - if on a PC I believe, but I'm on a Mac). Keep hitting those keys until they are small as they get. Then I would increase the audio track heights as much as I wanted by using the keyboard shortcut "Option + =" again hitting that over and over increases it. You can also grab the grey lines with your mouse below each track and adjust that way.

There is a thick grey line separating the video and audio tracks. You can grab that with your mouse and push it to the top to move all your video tracks as high as possible and showing you all your audio tracks. And now you can zoom in to your timeline and get as precise as you want.

And now the cool thing is if you go to the little wrench icon in your sequence timeline. It should be right under your timecode in your sequence timeline panel. If you click on that and pull down to "Save preset..." You can save this look as a preset so whenever you want to get back to audio editing mode you can just recall it. You can even assign it a keyboard shortcut if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! this is a nice solution that I haven't thought of at least for having a preset. The only problem is in my case I just want the video to not even have to render or show up in the Program monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you option click on something in the patch panel, you can turn the visibility of all video tracks off.  May be having a senior moment but will check and post back..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, if you shift click on the eyeball icon "toggle track output" of one of the video tracks it will turn all the video tracks off.    shift clicking again will turn them all on.  That's on my mac and I started with the fcp7 keyboard shortcuts and modified some of it, so you may have to dig in to your keyboard shortcuts to figure out how it's set up on your system.  but I think that does what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a decent option but the problem is I will sometimes have video tracks that maybe I don't want to toggle. I really just want a single "solo audio" button that also turns off the video. I guess this is a video editing application so in a way that defeats the purpose 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps simply doing an "Edit sequence in Audition" process would work? That loads the sequence in Audition, and you can have the video off there if you wish. Has some intriguinging things to figure out about the there & back again process, but it does work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines