Feature request - Whip transition

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the whip transition very useful as I'm sure many do.  There is just one small problem for me however -  the transition goes only from left to right.  Any chance of it going from right to left as well?  It seems odd to me that the first clip doesn't appear to move "out of the way" (i.e. to the left) before the second clip appears.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 05, 2020
Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional , Dec 05, 2020
Feature requests should be posted here: Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, it is weird that there is no direction option. Are you putting the effect on th edit point between 2 clips (in which case both clips move), or do you have the effect on the end of an incoming shot which is on the layer above (in which case the outgoing clip won't move).

You can get a free Push transition from Film Impact which is similar and has direction controls. I think you have to sign up for a trial now but that effect and a couple of others remain free when trial expires.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can choose from 8 different directions!!!

afbeelding.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens We're talking about 'Whip' .... not 'Wipe'. There are no controls as far as I can see.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 23.35.10.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, misread. Never knew it was added, since when?

Anyway I always made my own. You can change to any direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsnWsMpUo2Q&t=134s

Learn how to make a whip pan transition in Premiere ProNo plug-ins

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 feature request

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature requests should be posted here:

Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines