Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fetching current video file path in plug-in

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I need to get the timeline video file paths for the Video Filter plug-in. On the Premiere Pro UI in the tab Assembly, it's possible to get properties of each video that contain the video file path (attached picture). Is there a way to fetch this file name in plug-in using SDK?
Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

No; video effects operate on pixel buffers, and are not designed to have any visibility of the their sequence context. 

What would your video filter do, if you could access such information?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No; video effects operate on pixel buffers, and are not designed to have any visibility of the their sequence context. 

What would your video filter do, if you could access such information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I planned to create a video filter plug-in, but video processing would be in a separate localhost web service (like a daemon), not into plug-in. So I supposed that I could send the current video file path to the service for processing video. Then the resulting video would be rendered using plug-in methods. Such architecture would give me the ability not to strongly depend on SDK entities.
Do I have an opportunity to realize such plug-in architecture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you've described, completely avoids plug-in architecture. 🙂

Video effects are provided input pixel buffers, which they then process, and return into output pixel buffers. Having that processing occur elsewhere would be profoundly inefficient, likely unusable.

If you're getting the path for external processing, then "rendered using plug-in methods" doesn't make any sense; your service would need to understand every input file format PPro does in order to access the media those files contain, and would need to produce pixel buffers in the correct output format (which varies), and somehow pass them back to PPro.

Doing that remotely, many times per second, for large pixel buffers, would make remote processing exceedingly slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines