Exit

Figuring out captions

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phoebe5F91_1-1625565397920.png

Hey all!

First time posting, I think. I have a commission due at 6pm today and I'm just onto the captioning stage. The last time I did a commission for these guys, they were happy with the captions looking like this (see image) where there isn't a big rectangle behind the text, and it's 'shadowed' almost. For this current commission, I can't quite figure out how I got it to appear this way when the captions where burned on.

Any help would be great! Sorry if it's a ridiculously easy thing to fix, while I have experience in premiere I really don't have experience with the captions. 

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of PR? There was a big change in the captioning workflow for the current version PR 2021.

I assume these are subtitles/captions using the caption tool; not just text/graphics you are adding.

I think what you have is no background (transparent/opacity set to zero) and a drop shadow. The new captions have the drop shadow as a built in feature.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Stan said, the most recent major version of Premiere completely overhauled the captions tools, but you can create your own style by double-clicking a caption in the Timeline and editing it (using Stan's suggestions) in the Essential Graphics panel. This panel should pop up vertically on the right side of your workspace when you double-click a caption. You can then edit the style of the one caption you have selected, then click a little arrow icon in the panel to apply the same style to all the captions on your track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines