• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Import Failure after trying to import CCTV video file from Hikvision

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to convert hundreds of CCTV video file to time lapse video and I'm going to use Adobe Premiere to edit it. However, once I import the file to PR. it says "File Import Failure - The file has an unsupported compression type".

I have also downloaded Hik_DSFilters_Setup.rar  and installed it but still the same error. 

I have also installed ffmpeg to convert the video to MPEG and it works when I import the output but the process takes so long to take. I have hundreds of video to convert and most of them are 1gb in filesize.

Are there any codec that I can install for Premiere to recognize this video format? This is the media info of the video that I'm trying to import. 

cctv.jpg

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try HandBrake 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried HandBrake but this will make me convert the video first before I can edit them on Premiere. I'm thinking maybe there's a codec so that I can import the video straight to Premiere eliminating the need for that additional step. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry, I think you're out of luck...  make sure that your source is constant frame rate or convert variable frame rate to constant when you do the conversion in handbrake.    handbrake does have a batch mode so you don't have to sit there and import each file.  it's a little tricky but once you figure it out, you'll be golden.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines