Highlighted

File Import Failure We Are Unable to Open File on Disk

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to import a 6 gig .MOV file, and I keep getting this error. 

TOPICS
Editing, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File Import Failure We Are Unable to Open File on Disk

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to import a 6 gig .MOV file, and I keep getting this error. 

TOPICS
Editing, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please use medainfo to tell us the specs of the file.  .mov files (aka quicktime files) have many different codecs, frame rates, pixel dimensions, etc.  Although Premiere will open almost anything you throw at it, there are exceptions

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

And you should also tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if you're on a mac, will it open in quicktime player?  It's possible the file is corrupted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if you're on a pc, try opening in vlc

www.videolan.org

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File opens fine, in both VLC and Quicktime.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Windows, Latest Premiere, Gforce, 16 Gig of RAM. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but you didn't answer the first question "please use medainfo to tell us the specs of the file.  .mov files (aka quicktime files) have many different codecs, frame rates, pixel dimensions, etc. "

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

137 Mb/s, 1920*1080 (16:9), at 29.970 FPS, ProRes (Version 0) (422) 5.75 GiB, 5 min 53 s
1 Video stream: ProRes

Check for the latest news at
http://www.jackzullo.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where did the file comes from?  was it by any chance from apple compressor.  If so, there was a thread about it recently.  see the last post from Tom Nord, an adobe employee.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/hdv-to-prores-transcodes-will-not-import/td-p/11556073?p...

if this does not solve the problem, post back and we'll dig deeper.  If it does solve the problem, post back and give greater meaning to my life...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, yes it was compressed on a Mac from IMovie into a prores file. You’re life has meaning! I’ll take a look tomorrow as I’m off to leisure at this point. I’ll have a follow up post tomorrow.

@JackZullo
Actor Writer Producer

My Latest Reel
www.jackzullo.com

My Latest Credits
www.IMDb.me/jackzullo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0