Highlighted

File Import Failure

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to start a new project, and am unable to import the one file I need (it's a short minute clip and I'm importing to add music and a logo animation to the end). I've downloaded the .mov file and each time I try to import I get the error: "File Import Error - we were unable to open the file on disk".

I've never had this happen before and have restarted the program, renamed the file, relocated the file and can't figure out why this is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Topics

Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File Import Failure

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to start a new project, and am unable to import the one file I need (it's a short minute clip and I'm importing to add music and a logo animation to the end). I've downloaded the .mov file and each time I try to import I get the error: "File Import Error - we were unable to open the file on disk".

I've never had this happen before and have restarted the program, renamed the file, relocated the file and can't figure out why this is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Topics

Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS are you using (be specific!!).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 (version 1909 OS Build 18363.1082)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe use mediainfo and post screenshot of tree view so people can see codec and spec of the guts of the file ??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1- Try to encode the file using media encoder.

2- If that does not work, use handbrake to do the same

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines