• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Plays in WMP but not in PPro6

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an MPG movie that plays fine on WMP, but on Pr6 it shows all kinds of artifacts, green screen type things - the properties are MPEG 720X480 29.97 48K total duration 2:04:56:00.  If I click the File, and do open with, WMP works fine, QT gives me error 2048, Movies and TV works same as WMP, that is, video and audio play back.  So far, I made a much smaller clip of 5 seconds, tried Nesting it, and no joy yet... If I go directly to the file in media browser and click Import, it proceeds with no complaint.  

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go directly to the file in media browser and click Import, it proceeds with no complaint.  

By @ImInDraftMode1.0

That is the proper way to import media.

So if it works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob~

Thanks for response

That was an approach to narrow down the issue. The file imports just fine in more than one
way, BUT the file does not play back correctly. Somewhere it seems I ran across a
suggestion that a codec was missing (or words to that effect) and I'm mystified. Again, the
file plays just fine in WMP and "Movies and TV" from the "open with" option...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install.
You may need to use an old driver for CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Radeon AMD HD 6700 card says updated drivers...

not sure how to locate and link older drivers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
well, I think I followed the directions pretty well - all the way up to the system
restart. No video fix, and now I have no audio on anything....yet....hmmmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines