• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files not showing available to import?

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. I'm new to Premiere Pro and trying to learn the basics, so everything seems very foreign and complicated at the moment but slowly coming to terms with the interface and panels. I'm sure this question will seem very stupid but I'm not incredibly computer savvy and cant seem to find an explanation on the internet so far. I am following a course online and have downloaded some project files to follow along with the course. The files appear in my downloads folder on windows, but when I go onto PP and click to import, the same project files don't show up in any category and when I search for them it shows but when I click it, nothing happens and it disappears from the search bar. What am I doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

FWIW: Video editors do need to be at least 'near savvy' these days, so do work to get going with that also.

I can't see any info in your post that could lead us to know what is happening. My only guess is that the files are in a ZIP or some compressed format, and Windows is showing them to you as a Folder, but PP needs the actual files. So, first you'd have to extract them from the ZIP. Total guess here...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW: Video editors do need to be at least 'near savvy' these days, so do work to get going with that also.

I can't see any info in your post that could lead us to know what is happening. My only guess is that the files are in a ZIP or some compressed format, and Windows is showing them to you as a Folder, but PP needs the actual files. So, first you'd have to extract them from the ZIP. Total guess here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @MyerPj , Thanks, that worked! I really appreciate you responding to me so promptly, good to know there's a good community here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines