• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files too large, your files are over the maximum file size (1GB) when importing to Premier

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, been using Premier Pro for a long time, but just encountered a new problem, first time I've tried importing large file sizes, over 1GB, and it seems my Premier won't allow it! This is a bit of a disaster, is there any way to import files over 1GB into my library in Premier Pro? Or do they need splitting up first somehow?? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly which version of Premiere Pro, and what kind of files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.MOV files, latest version updated earlier today. Actually I just created a new project and they import fine. The other projectvstill says 1GB limit, no idea why? Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm I have NEVER seen Premiere deliver a message about ANY video file being too large when you try and import it. What codec are the files (Although I dont think this should matter). Can you go back to the first project file where you experienced this and take a screen shot or screen recording of the message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, I had never seen this before either, it woukd be interesting to understand why.., I’m on holiday now (was trying to finish a project before going...) I’ll send the screenshot in two weeks... sorry for the delay, would be interested in your comments then though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ever solve this? I updated my Premiere Pro and this seems to be a new "upgrade" which doesn't make any sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it for me. In the media browser, locate the file and then double click on it. it will 'open' and then drag it from the media browser in to your sequence. Adding it any other way didn't work, which I have never seen before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured this issue out.  I know this is an old thread but in case anyone finds this by search (like I did), here is the deal.  If you get this error when drag and drop ing you videos, check to make sure you have the project tab active, not the library tab.  When you drag and drop into the libraries tab, it's limited.  You can drag into the project tab without difficulty.  All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was it! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Call! 🙂  

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines