• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding keyframes after Copy/Paste or when cutoff

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I extend the effect control panel to find keyframes when I copy/paste an effect onto a new clip, but the new effect is longer than the new clip and it has cut off part of the keyframes so I can readjust the effect?

IE

Fade in/out is starts at 0 ends at 5 seconds. but clip is 3 seconds. It will cut the fade out effect, or part of it. Is there a way to view the fade out part to bring it within the 3 second timeline/ View the 5 second effect and scale the last part back into the clip?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

This option often helps with 'out of shot' keyframes:

pin to clip.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can move to its location with this button in the effect applied and there modify it, but I don't think you can bring it back. At least I don't know of an option.

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-09 a la(s) 12.00.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that keyframe was at say... 3:00:00, you couldnt see it. The arrow would hit a wall at 2:40:00 on the right side, or just not move from the current keyframe. As far as I know? I was hoping there was a way to extend the window further  to the right to reveal the hidden keyframes 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than move the 2nd keyframe, add a keyframe at the tail of the clip and adjust the value as needed (in this case it sounds like you want o change the value to zero).  What will now be the 3rd keyframe and stay or you could use the Next Keyframe button to jump to it and then click Remove Keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im explaining it badly I think. I have a some presets that are longer than my clips. The clips are cutting off the last few  keyframes of the presets, I cant recreate all of the keyframes effectively to look good/proper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option often helps with 'out of shot' keyframes:

pin to clip.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that was what I was looking for. Its been a problem for me for awhile! I thought it just cut it off permently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines