• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding music and sound effects to put in my videos

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that that music is copywrited for the authors life plus 70 years. So that means if I recorded myself playing Bach and putting it in my video it would be legal. At the moment I dont have access to instruments to play and want to find classical music to put into my videos, but know if it was recorded professionally that I probably have to find someone to ask permission to use this recording of said classical song.

I know I can find non-classical music in youtube audio library and sound effects there as well.

I just wanted to learn where to find spceifcally classical music, and other sites to find music and sound effects in general.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wikicommons has lots of classical music which you can use without cost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A search can turn up a ton of royalty free classical music. You may not always get the right performance, though. I have been looking for a good royalty free version of Elgar's "Jerusalem," to match this performance by the Royal Philharmonic for awhile now. I can't find another...

Many smaller YouTube channels use a stock music service and buy a subscription. Art List and Epidemic Sound come to mind. I subscribe to the latter and it's useful for some quick classical music. I use Audition to trim the tracks using the Remix feature as a technique. Stock music libraries and "Remix" work very well together.

Most editors use a combination of stock music and SFX, and royalty free sound and music. All of it requires somewhat of a "collector" mentality. I have a special Premiere Pro project that is only for stock music. I have a separate one for SFX. I share these projects with any current projects via the "Productions" feature. It's helpful in keeping all these clips out of my main project. 

Come back with any questions or advice. As an aside, I am a baritone and euphonium player. I have a couple of horns I play here at home. I like to play classical and jazz with these horns and have been a part of mainly senior drum and bugle corps this past decade. I'm pretty much retired from running around the field blasting my Kanstul, though, that was great fun. I might do a parade once in awhile!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines