• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

finish project: save only what you used?

Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is that feature called where you can save your finished project with only the content that was used in the project, automatically?

Where can I find that please?
Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

File Menu, Project Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File Menu, Project Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

Is there anything to say about the resulting 2 options there?
Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 4.19.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty straight foward.

Collect Files and copy to new location is mainly used to back up your project with your original media files. Collecting everything to place them in a single location. Most of the time a hard drive for storage purpose.

Consolidate and transcode let you transcode what is on your timeline ( by sequence or by individual shot ). The interest is to reduce the duration of asset by transcoding only the used parts ( you can put handles in order to have a little room to edit later if needed).

Some use it for other purpose but it's mainly what it does depending on what are your back up rules or needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, the second one sounds like the efficient one, only saving what is used in the project?
When that happens, does only the unused stuff stay behind?  Or is the entire folder contents intact?

Cuz I would then like to easily go thru only the left overs to see if I should save anything to my stock library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When that happens, does only the unused stuff stay behind?

You have the option to " Exclude unused clips" or not.

In fact, all is about your storage capability. For my part, I like to keep everything. 

But here is the little trick. Sometimes you might have blury footage or clips that you know you'll never use and it takes place. So if you ever take the first option ( Collects Files and copy to a new location ) I would suggest to get rid of them in your Premiere pro project. So it won't collect them and you can save disk space while uncheking Exclude Unused clips if you get back on the project and maybe use stuff that you haven't used for in your original project. 

Idealy , you should use both options to secure a big project ( copy and collect ) by erase all unusable media from your Project and unchek " Exclude Unused Clips " . This will be your secure project for back up. And choose Consolidate and transcode to keep the project on your main hard drive if you need to quickly make a new version or else. For the rest, it's up to you from your vision and experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciated, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I'm in shock.  The archived final material has DOUBLED in size, and each clip within is about 4X original size!  Look, right there PPro is telling me I'll wind up with 2.69 GB.

Below - what settings could change for the better? I only want the used material to transfer.

Further below - I'm on ProRes 422 LT.  I dont even know what those others are.

Thank you !

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 11.49.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 11.46.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 11.44.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 11.51.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use consolidate and transocde option to arachive only content used in the Sequence.

If you want to learn all the capabilites in Project manager, this is the perfect video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAZPtg4OPKk&t

Project Manager

File > Project manager

What you can do?

1. Move Pr project to a new computer
(Share with fellow editor or Arachive a Project to Re-edit in 2050)

2. Remove unused media in a project
(Clean Up a project)

3. Export individual clips in the timeline
(Consolidate and Transcode)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I see that you are using ProRes 422 LT files.  For this use, you should try our Premiere Pro plugin "PlumePack" that we are developing at Autokroma.

It's like a Project Manager, but with a special feature : trimming. For your ProRes files, it only keeps the used part of the media without re-encoding. So you keep the same codec, exact same quality (no re-encoding) and you files will be lighter because of unused frame removed. You can keep a bit more than the used part with a "handle" parameter .

More infos : https://www.autokroma.com/PlumePack

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines