Highlighted

Finished project with a blank timeline

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I appreciate any and all advive on my dilema.  I'm doning videos for YouTube and I finished a project last week so I can post on Tuesday like I have for the past 10 or so weeks.  When I went to open it I noticed that all of the images for each project on my home screen no longer had a thumbnail.

When I opened the project I wanted to post the timeline was blank.  All assets were in my project panel including the sequence.  I tried dragging the sequence into the timeline with no luck. When I click on assets in the project panel a finder window opens for me to import them but I can't link them.

I've tried restarting PrP and also restarting my laptop.  I've empited all of the four cache folders recommended by Adobe.

Other projects open with a populated timeline.  

Thank you very much for the help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.

are the assets still on your hard drive?   when you start premiere, if the assets are offline, you should get a dialog to relink to the media...   Have you tried opening a recent autosave version of the project?

TOPICS
Crash, Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Finished project with a blank timeline

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I appreciate any and all advive on my dilema.  I'm doning videos for YouTube and I finished a project last week so I can post on Tuesday like I have for the past 10 or so weeks.  When I went to open it I noticed that all of the images for each project on my home screen no longer had a thumbnail.

When I opened the project I wanted to post the timeline was blank.  All assets were in my project panel including the sequence.  I tried dragging the sequence into the timeline with no luck. When I click on assets in the project panel a finder window opens for me to import them but I can't link them.

I've tried restarting PrP and also restarting my laptop.  I've empited all of the four cache folders recommended by Adobe.

Other projects open with a populated timeline.  

Thank you very much for the help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.

are the assets still on your hard drive?   when you start premiere, if the assets are offline, you should get a dialog to relink to the media...   Have you tried opening a recent autosave version of the project?

TOPICS
Crash, Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version Catalina 10.15.7

Premiere version, Latest CC

amount of RAM 32GB Macbook Pro 17inch

Hardware specs including graphics card. 

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

Graphics:  Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

are the assets still on your hard drive?  Yes   

when you start premiere, if the assets are offline, you should get a dialog to relink to the media...  Yes I do this all the time and it's a familiar process.  Unfortunately "Link" is grayed at and the assets don't have the tiny question mark over them.

Have you tried opening a recent autosave version of the project?  That totally worked!

Do you have any idea why this happened?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a habit of making Save a Copy to a different drive.

"Save A Copy," or "Save As," and ... see diagonal lines on clips

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats great advice!  Thank you very much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what happened but it's never easy to trouble shoot this stuff from a distance.  If you're depending on premiere to make a living, you might want to find someone who can provide support either in person or via zoom or team viewer or something similar.  I've got a number of clients that I provide this service for and making sure things are set up properly from the getgo greatly reduces these sorts of problems.   And I gotta say, just visiting this forum every day or so and reviewing threads that seem important to your workflow can really help you prevent, diagnose and solve these sorts of problesm which can arise within Premiere and from external caues...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0