• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First Time User Question - Basic One!

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large mpg video file thta I've selected 14 video clips to copy and export and save.  I have copied the master file to a separate folder.  How do I select the exact clips and copy them?  Don't see that option in the tutorials.  Thanks for any direction.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about creating new media of just these clips?  select the clips in the bin and file: export and choose the appropriate preset.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does not make new media within the project ... it references the original clip for all use, and uses the metadata of the project file and sequences to grab the bits & pieces and put together the apparent sequence.

To use just segments, separate from having the full file available, as noted by mgrenadier you would need to export those segments as clips from Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both mgrenadier and Neil.  So, I'll need to "select clips in the bin and master" and then will select these segments to "export as clips".   And, I'l also need to consult the user guide and learn the "tips" for crearing these "subclips" from the master ... So, question ... is all this completeded in the Timeline panel I presume?   Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure what "and master" means.  but if you select multiple clips in the bin and export you'll be asked what preset to use (which you can customize) and it will send the task to adobe media encoder.  Probably a good idea to test your workflow by just selecting a single clip and make sure everything works as intended.  What are the source clips properties?  and do you want to match the exported clips to these properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks agan ... now, for some reason, the "bin" area is not showing,  How do I restore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks agan ... now, for some reason, the "bin" area is not showing,  How do I restore?

Three ways:

• Click the "Project" tab in one of the docked panels, if visible.
  • Choose the default "Editing" workspace from the top of the main program window. Then click the Project tab.
  • Go to Window menu and choose Window>Projects>"your_project_name"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forgot to answer you source (master) video file property questions.  Video Properties:  29.97 fps, 720 x 480 and Audio Properties: 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, one added item. The only thing I've done so far is opened the large master file in the timeline panel.  Also, have seen the video in the Program Panel ... but, no subclips have been created just yet.  I simply have identified the time stamps for the subclips I'll make next. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines