Highlighted

Fixing (undoing) a razor cut

Participant ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize I can undo a clip razor cut in history; but later in the process, is it possible to glue the two parts of a clip together. I know I can just slide them side by side,or even group the two segments, but can i glue them together?

kdoc

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Meg The Dog | Adobe Community Professional

Right click on the cut in the timeline and from the drop down menu choose Join Through Edits.

MtD

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fixing (undoing) a razor cut

Participant ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize I can undo a clip razor cut in history; but later in the process, is it possible to glue the two parts of a clip together. I know I can just slide them side by side,or even group the two segments, but can i glue them together?

kdoc

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Meg The Dog | Adobe Community Professional

Right click on the cut in the timeline and from the drop down menu choose Join Through Edits.

MtD

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 24, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 4
Participant ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. Thanks very much

kdoc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or delete any part of razored clip and drag the end to fill the space.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 3
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After years of editing, I finally figured out how to do this. Thank you very much Meg The Dog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only seems to work on a clip if there were NO edits... I'd like to make a clean track (NOT a nest) of a single track -- like Render and Replace? - so my timeline is cleaner and I can further edit/mix better.

Freak out on this:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/xa09gdycpcard2k/Screenshot%202020-06-09%2016.42.08.png?dl=0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was starting to lose my mind then tried it with a fresh raw clip an it worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a tutorial about how you can "undo" edits or deleting clips.
It's only 100 sec long. Hope it helps! 🙂

We all been there, where we edit for hours and suddenly realise that we accidentally deleted something. Before you turn on panic mode and throw your computer ou...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0