Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashing extension panel

Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have made an extension that works fine on hundreds of machines, but one person is getting a flashing panel (see attached video)...i think it is a premiere's bug or maybe some drivers issues. What do you think? How to solve?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

If it works on hundreds of other machines then yes, it is likely only an issue with that users setup. I would get them to reset their preferences:

• To restore default preference settings, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.

And also update their graphics drivers if that doesnt work. Check their system actually meets the min requirements to run PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it works on hundreds of other machines then yes, it is likely only an issue with that users setup. I would get them to reset their preferences:

• To restore default preference settings, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.

And also update their graphics drivers if that doesnt work. Check their system actually meets the min requirements to run PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike,

i'll let him try these solutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike's 'reset the prefs' suggestion is good; does the panel attempt to make any network connections? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bruce,

yes, the panel has a license check, but i used the aescripts.com license framework, so i think it is well tested.

I'm waiting the response from the customer, then i'll update you guys, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey @Cad81  did you know what caused this issue i'm getting a similar flashing with some users the same here i'm using aescripts licensing system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know... The users opened a ticket on aescripts and I suggested the things they said above. The users didn't reply, so I think this worked for them @polypic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines