• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font doesn't work in open caption

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using adobe premiere latest version. I'm having issues with open captions when I try to change a font to Aileron thin/regular/etc it doesn't change it. 

I did tried both installing the font on my windows 10 OS & using adobe cloud  desktop font management.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Some fonts are simply not supported. We do not have a comprehensive list.

I added the thin and regular versions of that font to my system to test. It is immediately available to use in Graphics text. It does not show in the list of fonts in the caption tool. I closed and reopened the project; then restarted PR, options that will sometimes help.

I was able to select Aileron in the caption panel. It is very similar to Arial, which is probably the default. And the default gets used when a font

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some fonts are simply not supported. We do not have a comprehensive list.

I added the thin and regular versions of that font to my system to test. It is immediately available to use in Graphics text. It does not show in the list of fonts in the caption tool. I closed and reopened the project; then restarted PR, options that will sometimes help.

I was able to select Aileron in the caption panel. It is very similar to Arial, which is probably the default. And the default gets used when a font is not used by captions.

I definitely did not get the change from regular to thin in captions, but get the change in Graphics text.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,Stan.

Do you know if there is a way to change the captions to graphics text? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/convert-transcript-or-srt-to-essential-graphics/m-p/1111...

Short answer, No, but there are scripts that may help. The developers are redoing the entire caption workflow using graphics text, but not ready for prime time.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines