Highlighted

Font Substitution

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this was an issue back in 2018, but I didn't see a solution and am having a similar issue.

1) I load a MOGRT and it cant find the font (even though I have loaded it into both my fonts and all user fonts)

2) It then uses font substitution , which looks like C**p.

craigl50352394_0-1598858964759.png

Doesn't seem to matter what I do - Premiere wont/cant find the font.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Craig

After all that, I discovered that the developer of the MOGRT had misspelled the font name (ommitting a space). Once they sent me their version of the font (spelled as per the MOGRT) Premierre recognised the font and all is well.

Thanks for your input Mike - I will use the "Missing Font Replacement dropdown" next time I have a similar issue.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Font Substitution

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this was an issue back in 2018, but I didn't see a solution and am having a similar issue.

1) I load a MOGRT and it cant find the font (even though I have loaded it into both my fonts and all user fonts)

2) It then uses font substitution , which looks like C**p.

craigl50352394_0-1598858964759.png

Doesn't seem to matter what I do - Premiere wont/cant find the font.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Craig

After all that, I discovered that the developer of the MOGRT had misspelled the font name (ommitting a space). Once they sent me their version of the font (spelled as per the MOGRT) Premierre recognised the font and all is well.

Thanks for your input Mike - I will use the "Missing Font Replacement dropdown" next time I have a similar issue.

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the font available in the font dropdown list? > Use the type tool and create a new graphics type object then check the Text seciton of the Essential Graphics panel.

If it is listed then Premiere doesn't think it's the same font as the one used in the Mogrt so you could open the preferences and use the 'Missing Font Replacement' dropdown in the Graphics tab.

If the font isn't listed then obviously Premiere won't use it. Are you able to use it in another application like Wordpad?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 1