• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts missing - is there a way to find where the missing font is in my Premier Pro project?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the great guides for how to fix the missing fonts in a .mogrt, where I assume my missing font error is coming from. I just have NO idea which .mogrt uses the missing font (b/c the project i am working on using a dozen across multiple sequences -  and the ones i've checked don't use the font). Is there a method to search the project to identify which clip uses the missing font? (i searched for the font in finder already and it's not registering a match). Last bit o' troubleshooting I did which deepens the frustration / mystery. When I do GRAPHICS>REPLACE FONTS the missing font is not listed.

It is 100% just an annoyance - but one that I deal w/ every time I open the project and for every export - so yeah...

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. it is a gothicitalic font. i can;t find it anywhere. Not in the project, not in me essential graphics or any addons. I have tried adding several gothic fonts. It wasn't until I changed the default font in Premier Pro in the preferences and cleared my cache that is stopped showing up. Funny thing was the default font was not even the missing gothic font. I am sure that is not the technical fix but it worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem. I'm getting a warning about a missing font. It's a project I inherited and am finishing. I can't figure out where the offending piece of text is. For all I know, it oculd be and empty text box in a graphic that is set to a font I don't have. There doesn't seem to be any way to find it without manually going through every piece of text.
It would be nice if this information were displayed in the Text>Graphics pane. There could be an info column that lists the fonts used in each graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael .. in the inherited file are there any .mogrt files .. or preformated text effects. Try deleting them. That is where I found my old files that had the missing fonts. Hope that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines