• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage being classed as Black Video

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. So I am working in a timeline that I was sent as an FCPXML. I used Danvinci to export it to a FCP 7 XML V5 and then I opened it in Premiere. In premiere some of the footage is online and plays well, other footage is being classed as Black Video, and has no file path information. I don't have to option to view it in Explorer.

Any ideas ? Thanks x

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance it really *is* black video?

There may be formats and codecs that got lost in translation between FCP, DaVinci and Pr. See if you can identify formats/codecs in either of the xml files that correspond to the black video that shows up in Pr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can you export an edl from resolve?   that might give you some clues as to source and timecode.    If you're on a mac, there used to be a free trial of fcpX that you could try and see if that gives you any clues.  Wait, did the material show up in resolve?  obviously you had to import the fcpX xml into resolve.  If it didn't show up there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines