• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage exported flickering and flashing green in Premiere 2020 but fine with Premiere 2019. Why?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited a clip in Premiere 2020, and when I exported the video (using H.264) - the clip is flickering and jumping to random frames. The export took 4 hours.

I re-edited the file in premiere 2019 and exported with the same settings - it's works perfectly. The export took 9 minutes.

What is the issue?

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mostly it's usually a difference in hardware and software and if you got it working well thank goodness !

Your current version seems to be working well for you. whew !

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the hardware requirements for 2020 are greater than for 2019.  Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  You might check your system to see if it meets requirements for 2020

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

It could also be that you need to update the drivers for your graphics card.  My system was working fine for early versions of 2020 but after updating about a month ago, I got a message that my graphics card driver needed updating.  There's a preference to turn this warning off and it's possible that yours is turned off.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines