• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage imports to Timeline with audio only (Premiere Pro 15.2; MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3)

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the error with audio-only importing was an old issue in Premiere 12.11 (ref https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/kb/premiere-pro-imports-audio-only.html) - but I'm having the same problem now.

Videos were taken on my iPhone running IOS 14.6, saved to .mov format. I brought 3 clips into a Premiere project. One of them imported fine (audio+video); the other two would only import audio.

I ran all 3 clips through Media Encoder and converted them to .mp4, then brought them into Premiere. The same clip worked fine, and the same other two did not.

I'm very new to Premiere, so I am hoping there is something obvious I am missing, like a naming convention. There are no special characters in the file names; although there are hyphens. This is an older iMac with only 8GB of memory, which is definitely a problem, but would that have anything to do with it? What else can I try?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Hi LMacGraphics,

Sorry to hear about this. It seems like an issue with Source Patching. Have you tried the steps mentioned in this video & checked if it's helping?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LMacGraphics,

Sorry to hear about this. It seems like an issue with Source Patching. Have you tried the steps mentioned in this video & checked if it's helping?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's got it!!! Looks like by default there are 3 Video patches activated. That's weird, is that normal? So I turned off the patches that I don't need at the moment, and just left the ones on that I needed. 

Thanks for the link! I was tearing my hair out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most common user error is not source patching the track.
Solved by first opening clip in Source Monitor, set in and out point. Then drag/insert into timeline.

1204619_source patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the replies - I have set I/O points on the clips that don't work (mp4 format), and the video still won't import on either. Any other good tricks? Is there perhaps a different format I can convert it to besides mp4? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot timeline with header also project window with offending clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines