• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage in premiere looks too contrasty and it's not the usual problem (so far).

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, my Nikon Z6 h264 footage has way too much contrast in Premiere CC.The blacks are so crushed and I can't lift them up. I have this now for several versions in Premiere cc.

In quicktime and vlc it looks good and I downloaded the fcpx trial and in there it looks also like it should be and I can even lift the blacks. 

(In after effects it also looks too contrasty)

-Transferring the material to Apple pro res 422 didn't help.

-I know about the Display Color Management button but that is not the solution.

Please help.

Sequence settings

3840 x 2160

Apple pro res 422

Imac Pro 2017

3,2 Ghz 8 core Intel Xeon W

32 GB 2666 DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I noticed that link, but sadly that doens't solve it. I don't mind that it looks dark in Premiere, but I do mind that I can't lift the blacks even if the information is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm wondering how your monitor is set. Color management being such a freaking mess, and the decision by Apple to not apply the second of two "required" transforms in the Rec.709 settings doesn't help.

It would be useful to see a screen grab of your Program monitor and your Scopes panel, with either RGB Parade or the Waveform in YC no chroma. And also, if you could upload a short sample clip to a dropbox type service and link to it so some of us could test on our machines that would be marvelous.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines