• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage in timeline is not linked to footage in project

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. So I have had this problem once before and I never found a solution to it but what's happening is that  a project that I have been able to trim and extend clips just fine on will only allow me to trim and not extend. There is sufficent media in the orignial clip to extend beyond the cut point but it still gives me the message "Trim media limit reached" and it is only giving me that error for the audio. If I unlink the audio from video the video will extend just fine but the audio still says it's limit is reached. 

Another interesting thing that has happened is when I right click on the clip giving me trouble the options to "reveal in project" and "reveal in explorer" is grayed out. I can click on the clip in the timeline to bring it into the source monitor but the audio will drop out after the "out" point while the video will continue to play. When I manually find the original clip in the project both audio and video playback just fine. 

Currently the only work around I have found is to manually find the original clip in the project, recut, and drag and drop the clip into my timeline which is incredibly time consuming and tedious. 

It seems as if the clips on the timeline have somehow become detached from the clips they were taken from in the project. I'm not sure how that could have happened and I'm not sure how to correct it if that's the case. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I would like to add that I am only having this problem with my Fs7 footage not my C300 footage. 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By any chance are these clips recorded in a "slo-mo" mode in-cam? I do that at times with my BMPCC4K, and of course, the audio is recorded to disk at normal speed, the cam creates frames at the sped-up rate needed as set in my slo-mo controls setting.

So when the clip is on a sequence, playing back at 'normal' speed for the sequence, the audio runs out long before the end of the clip. I oft need to delete the audio for that clip from the sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines