• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage looks dark upon import in Premiere Pro 2020. HELP!

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having issues with Premiere pro and importing the Canon 5d mk IV footage.

When I preview the footage in quicktime, the footage looks fine. As soon as I import into the software, it looks significantly darker as far as a contrast look goes. The blacks get totally blown out.

Color correcting doesnt do anything.

I spoke with an adobe rep over the phone when this first issue came up, and he assumed that it was an issue with the latest Mac OS.

So I tried downloading an older version of the software to see if that would work and the same issue occured. However, when I opened the project file on an older imac, it worked fine. Same OS, and the latest version of premiere.

I found a video where Matt Johnson discusses fixing a coloring issue upon exporting footage, but not on the import color errors. I recently found a thread on the adobe support community where this issue was brought up and there seemed to be no solution posted in that thread either. So I'm here sharing my experience to see if there has been a solution found since then.

So I'm completely at a loss here, and have no idea what to do. Please help!

I have attatched a video showing what the issue I'm having is. Please check that out for a complete understanding! Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?