• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage modified when bringing a 2019 project into the 2020 version of Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recently updated to premiere 2020 and every time I bring a previous project from Premiere 2019 into 2020, all the footage is either shifted slightly or modified in some way.

It's allot of work to have to go back and individually fix every cut of footage in my timeline. I'm just wondering why this might be happening and if anyone has a fix?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wondering if by some chance the source material is from a screen recording or smartphone.  If so, your sources may have a variable frame rate which can be problematic to begin with and definitely might cause issues with exactly where your edits happen.  Also, what do you mean by "modified in some way?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the footage is from my actual camera. And by modified I mean the footage has been either shifted forwards or backwards in time or scaled and positioned differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tell us your source properties and the camera that you shot with.  Do your source properties match your sequence settings?  Any reason you can't continue working in premiere 2019 until you finish the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be sure to delete your cache files when you switch versions. For me it has become mandatory since 2019.

• Start PP from it's normal desktop icon (IE: don't open from a project file link).
Close the Open/Home screen (and you will be in PP without a project open).
• Go into Edit/Preferences/Media Cache (Mac users adjust menu name)
• Then Press: Remove Media Cache Files: and Delete...
• Select: Delete all media cache files from the system and OK
Close PP - It will create any needed cache files on the fly as you edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines