Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage only playing in Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there community members

I woud be most gratefully if anybody could helo with this issue as footage is only currently playing back for me in software only. I have search through previous posts on this issue but cannot find a solution. 

Iam running the latest version of Premiere 15.1.0 and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations with the following display adapters Nvidia Quatro RTX5000 & Intels UHD graphic 630 and having no joy whatsoever being able to fully playback any footage whatsoever in when using the Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) 

My Processor is a Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2286M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz & 64mb RAM 

Please can someone suggest a way to fix this issue as my computer set upo should be bale to handle these files no problem and is still doesnt make any differnce whether i use proxies for my footage or not. 

Many Thanks  

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Resolved the problem thank you .It was the docking station as i have the incorrect one for the computer which has its own graphics card. The moral of the story is if you upgrade your computer make sure to get the correct docking station compatible with your computer. Thank you guys

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need a driver update but if you are editing H.264 dissable Nvenc and see what happens. It would be better to make use of the CUDA than Nvenc. Nvenc is nice but you don't need it. If your CPU has the IGPU try Intel's Quick Sync and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resolved the problem thank you .It was the docking station as i have the incorrect one for the computer which has its own graphics card. The moral of the story is if you upgrade your computer make sure to get the correct docking station compatible with your computer. Thank you guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines