• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

For everyone who's having crashes on app launch...

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing similar posts of people having problems launching version 14.9. You can see my previous post, but just wanted to let everyone know that rolling back to 14.6 was the only solution. I've tried 14.8 and 14.7 and they both have the same problem as 14.9. This is with the Windows 10 version.

This problem set me back hours the other night so I hope I can save some people the time.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These issues can be so freaking odd. I'm working in 14.9 just fine, as are most it seems. But for some, it crashed on launch ... wow.

I'm running on a new PC, and found it rather annoying that I had to go into the Windows stuff to tell it to stop with the security stuff on the "My Documents" folders so the Adobe apps could read/write to their files in that location.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I sent numorous crash reports, so I suspect that they should be able to find this specific bug that's affecting some of us. I mean, it's really bad and constant, so shouldn't be too difficult to find

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the bug reports is part of the troubleshooting process, but they also then need to be able to force a replication in-house. Which sometimes is a right bear.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well they know how to reach me if they need more information. Otherwise, I'm stuck on 14.6 until they figure out what's wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like more and more people are having this same issue now. I don't think it's specific to 15.0. I've narrowed it down to 14.7. As you can see above, rolling back to 14.6 was my only solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u84six.

Really sorry for the crash on launch. I could not locate a crash report but it might be the crash on launch WIN bug that hits some people going back to 14.6. Glad you were able to workaround by rolling back. I'll add your post to the bug report to add urgency. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had reported this issue quite a while ago and sent numorous crash reports before I rolled back. I'm actually uninstalling everything again and will run the cleanup tool (that was mentioned in another post). That's the one thing I haven't tried yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question for you: is there a way to launch premiere pro without loading vst plugins? I do a lot of audio editing and have many vst plugins on my system that Premiere scans by default on startup. Is there a way I can bypass this step? Don't need to edit audio to that depth using Premiere since I can do that in my audio workstation software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can clear the plugin cache. After you click the PP icon, hold down SHIFT as it loads and it will ask if you want to clear the plugin cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've finally solved my "crash at startup issue" by uninstalling everything, meaning, all the creative cloud apps and creative cloud itself. Then doing a windows search for Adobe and uninstall or delete everything associated with Adobe. Reboot, then look in task manager for any Adobe processes (way too many), killing what was left. Search again for Adobe and delete what I could find. Clean the registry from anything Adobe. Reboot. Then I downloaded the Adobe Cleanup Tool and ran that. It found some things related to old Photoshop, etc, and deleted everything. Reboot. Reinstalled creative cloud and all that apps I use. Reboot. Launched Premiere Pro 15.0 and it works without crashing on startup, even while loading all my vst plugins

Geeze... what a pita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea the Cleanup Tool is an amazing thing, it can fix issues like this. It is a pain as literally everything is gone, but for issues like this it can fix it, and is worth a try.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines