For everyone who's having crashes on app launch...

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing similar posts of people having problems launching version 14.9. You can see my previous post, but just wanted to let everyone know that rolling back to 14.6 was the only solution. I've tried 14.8 and 14.7 and they both have the same problem as 14.9. This is with the Windows 10 version.

This problem set me back hours the other night so I hope I can save some people the time.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These issues can be so freaking odd. I'm working in 14.9 just fine, as are most it seems. But for some, it crashed on launch ... wow.

I'm running on a new PC, and found it rather annoying that I had to go into the Windows stuff to tell it to stop with the security stuff on the "My Documents" folders so the Adobe apps could read/write to their files in that location.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
u84six AUTHOR
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I sent numorous crash reports, so I suspect that they should be able to find this specific bug that's affecting some of us. I mean, it's really bad and constant, so shouldn't be too difficult to find

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the bug reports is part of the troubleshooting process, but they also then need to be able to force a replication in-house. Which sometimes is a right bear.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
u84six AUTHOR LATEST
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well they know how to reach me if they need more information. Otherwise, I'm stuck on 14.6 until they figure out what's wrong

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines