• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forced to restart often - frozen in full screen

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I'm having trouble with Premiere Pro freezing my projects in full screen mode and the computer becomes utterly unresponsive.  I've tried very combination of esc / opt / command / control / etc. but nothing works at all except restarting my computer.  This happens multiple times when working in each project, which is annoying because I need to utilize the full screen mode to ensure my edits are as desired. Has anyone else come across this issue and found a solution?

thanks - Aly

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aly, 

We understand you are getting performance glitches when the application screen is maximized. Could you share your system info(OS version, RAM, GPU, etc)? We'll look into this.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing, here it is:

D5150333-265A-4ED4-BB02-FC8E1A378D00.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Foschissel,

Sorry about that! I can see that your GPU has less than 2 GB VRAM, which does not meet our minimum system requirements. You probably will likely need to adjust your workflow in order to continue working with this Mac. Have you tried the proxy workflow or transcoding (copying) the footage to something like ProRes LT? You can do that in Media Encoder. If Media Encoder won't transcode, you can also try Handbrake (or the like) - which is available free of charge.

In the future, you can purchase a more powerful computer to switch back to a native format workflow. Still, I like using proxies or transcoding with more powerful computers. That footage is easer to edit with.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey

I have Apple M1 Max 2022, 64gb ram, usally work in proxys and still have had the same requring issue the last 4 years. You know of any sulution?

Best regards Ruben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines