• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame hold disappearing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this question has been making its rounds over the last few months, but haven't seen anyone actually find a solution.

Essentially if you create a frame hold, it will only show until there is a new clip in the sequence either above or below. This includes text, graphic overlays, video, everything. The second a new clip begins on the sequence the frame hold just disappears. 

I've tried nesting the frame hold, making a cut in the frame hold, nothing seems to work. Anyone have this issue and find a way around it yet?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the clip happens to contain Warp Stabilizer, Frame Hold won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no warp stabilizer, but there is a crop, mask & ultra key. It's a nested sequence of a green screen capture, in front of a motion background. I run into the issue when I introduce a text graphic during the frame hold. The background continues to display but the part that was green screened just vanishes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a Frame Grab instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My way around it - I nested the clips on the video track under the frame hold. This allowed me to extend the frame hold as long as the nest. Increasing the length of the nest enables you to make the frame hold longer. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines