• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Rate not Processing Correctly in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a video file (.avi) with properties of 60 fps in file explorer. When opening the video in VLC, it plays at the correct visual rate and has the correct duration. When importing into Adobe Premiere Pro, Premiere recognizes the file as 60 fps and originally displays the correct playback duration. The visual rate, however, is not correct. A video of a clock plays twice as fast as it should. This is true even once the video is exported. When changing the video to 30 fps (via "Interpret Footage"), the video played back visually at the correct rate, 1 minute of playback equaled 1 minute of clock time, but the total duration of the video doubled.

Is Premiere adding frames? Is there another way to adjust frame rate? I have not had this problem before, and I am struggling to find resources for this online. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Export , Formats , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of the avi in Mediainfo in treeview and sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, 

Thank you for the quick response! Can you clarify what you mean? Where can I find that information?

Thanks,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - I will try this. Variable frame rate would make sense, but my only suspicion is that when imported at 60 fps, the video is already the correct length.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the footage interlaced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe the footage is interlaced. How do I check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use MediaInfo as earlier posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex5CB3

Premier 14.8 release noted suggest that there is some time code and VFR updates:

Adobe Premiere Pro User Guide

"Added support to display and use any non-standard frame rate timecodes, such as 120fps, 240fps or VFR clips."

Maybe this update will help you?  release notes are sparse for details, but could be a fix for you - However, only upgrade the software if your not in the middle of something else and can tolorate breakign projects your in the middle of. (aka there is a risk to upgrades).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines