• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame sustitution error following PNG image sequence import

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a stack of PNG image files into Premiere Pro (v14.0), I get several 'frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file:...', errors resulting in multiple black, missing frames in the sequence. There are 283 images, which are 1920x1080, 64bit, labelled sequentially (with none missing), all open without error in other software, and are located on a local drive. I wondered if it was a mismatch between the import frame rate and the project frame rate, but varying this doesn't seem to fix the problem. Any ideas what could be going on?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Thanks for the suggestions. Whilst testing them out it became clear that there is an error with the image files that only appears within Premiere and AE (and one or two other bits of software), but that is overlooked in other software. Still not sure what was wrong, but I have regenerated the image stack and the errors have gone. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few ideas:

- Does this also happen when you import the PNG sequence into After Effects?

- How much RAM do you have? Pr stores images in RAM, and 64 bit PNGs can be heavy when unpacked to RAM.

- Version 14.0 was one of the first versions, you might want to try and update to 14.2.x. Or at least try if the current beta version. You can use the beta next to the current version: https://blog.adobe.com/en/2020/03/19/introducing-public-beta.html#gs.ee99su

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestions. Whilst testing them out it became clear that there is an error with the image files that only appears within Premiere and AE (and one or two other bits of software), but that is overlooked in other software. Still not sure what was wrong, but I have regenerated the image stack and the errors have gone. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines